We are pleased to offer a ‘One Day in Holland – Tour” – a lovely mix of history, traditions, culture, fun and stunning sea views.
This full day tour begins with a morning historical walking tour of Leiden ,a charming traditional town steeped in history. A university city since 1575, Leiden has been one of Europe’s most prominent scientific centres for more than four centuries. Leiden is a typical university city, university buildings are scattered throughout the city and the many students from all over the world give the city a bustling, vivid and international atmosphere. Leiden is a city with a rich cultural heritage, not only in science, but also in the arts. One of the world’s most famous painters, Rembrandt, was born and educated in Leiden. Other famous Leiden painters include Lucas van Leyden, Jan van Goyen and Jan Steen.
The tour includes a visit to the traditional citadel with a beautiful view over the town.
After a 25 minute drive we will arrive in the beautiful sea village of Noordwijk in time for lunch in one of the wonderful restaurants situated on the beach. After lunch, when the weather permits us to take a boat trip to visit the Kaag lakes from where you are allowed to see the scenic Dutch waters and landscape with windmills and cows.
– Day tour departs at 9.30am
Full Day Tour
€235 per person (non-private tour)
€320 per person (private tour)
General Tour Information
- Tours are limited to a maximum of 4/6 clients per tour (minimum 2 clients)
- Transportation is in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle accompanied by an experienced guide , choice of convertible car possible.
- All tours are scheduled on a customized basis.
- Prices do not include meals, beverages, admission tickets and all other personal expenses.
- Full Day Tours can include a stop for lunch at one of our favourite restaurants along our route.
- Pick ups and drop offs can be arranged directly to and from your holiday address near
Noordwijk and Leiden
- Day Tours normally depart at 9.30am and return by 6pm
- Tours run rain or shine
- Please be aware that some clients may find seating and leg space in European vehicles is slightly reduced compared to vehicles in their home country.
- We highly recommend that all purchasers of our services purchase their own travel insurance.